Following direction from the Public Works and Infrastructure Committee of Toronto City Council, an additional hybrid option that combined the maintain and replace alternatives was prepared to preserve expressway linkage and functionality between the Gardiner Expressway and the Don Valley Parkway, as well as:
- Re-decking of the existing elevated expressway east of Jarvis Street;
- Re-decking of existing Gardiner-Don Valley Parkway ramps;
- Removal of about 750 metres (eastbound lanes) and 850 metres (westbound lanes) of the existing Gardiner on/off ramps west of Logan Avenue;
- Addition of two new ramps (two lanes each) in the Keating precinct:
- about 470 metres of new westbound on-ramp; and
- about 425 metres of new eastbound off-ramp;
- Realignment of Lake Shore Boulevard from Cherry Street to Don River; and
- Construction of a new multi-use pathway, as well as some pedestrian and intersection improvements.
For more background about the hybrid option, click here.